Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bunny Invasion



The spring bunnies have invaded my home. I see them hop about everywhere I turn, under furniture, on top of my tea cups, around corners... I'm not talking about Easter Bunnies here. Easter Bunnies are cute, sweet, fluffy and adorable little things. Easter Bunnies are new and bright and white and clean.

The bunnies in my home are evil bunnies. They are brown and grey and lurk about taunting me to catch them, if I can. I do my best to ignore them until they multiply, as bunnies do, and my friends and family must have a bunny intervention with me. My own sister (thank you, Julia) very lovingly pointed one such ugly, evil bunny out to me at a Lia Sophia jewelry party (of all times) where several sophisticated, jewelry buying women turned their heads to see that particular evil bunny in a tea cup. Yes, my family must resort to shaming me for me to take action and repent of my lazy, bunny ignoring ways. The spring sun is shining through my windows as if to put a spotlight on these evil bunnies and motivate me to kick them outside where they belong.

Ok, Ok, I see you bunnies. I hear you, my dear sister, and I will chase the nasty little things out the door. Somehow though, I always miss two, only two, and they always seem to be a loving bunny couple who set about in their evil love to overtake the house again with their offspring. Yet I know I must do this never-ending work because they only taunt me to catch them because they long for the freedom of springtime.

Here are pictures of evil bunnies in my tea cups. The bottom picture is of the particularly nasty little bunny my sister found. I was going to show more pictures of the evil bunnies lurking in my home but they were too fast for me and they got away.








5 comments:

Vala said...

I was so confused there for a second I thought you were going Insane, then I realised you meant the little puffy things...I was like..what bunnys..where?

Anonymous said...

This was very funny, Diane. You are a creative writer, who knew!!

Mom

Shellee said...

This was really cute! I just 'took care of' most of my evil bunnies today. Boy that was a big job, they were under my dresser, behind the tv, behind/under the couch, and they're still behind the piano. We had such a chilly winter, they multiplied like crazy! Debbie is coming over tomorrow to help me with the rest of them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, guys! It just came to me one day. I had to stop everything I was doing and just feverishly write it out. Any true creativity I have just pops out of me very randomly and not very often at all. Maybe three years from now I'll write another story. Hey Shell you should try writing a story, that was funny what you said.

Laura said...

Hah! That was so cute, Diane! ...I think I like the Easter bunnies better...