I found this before my tubal reversal.
I'm using it as a decoration by her changing table.
You have to be creative when your room is the nursery too.
I'm thinking of bringing Grace home from the hospital in this dress
Here are Grace's sweaters.
I found all of these at thrift stores,
except the second one Julia gave me to use.
It was Maggie's I think.
Here are some of her clothes.
Thrift store finds.
The flower one in the middle is from a friend at church though...
I do have some new things.
Loy and I found this at the antique store.
It was only $4.50!!
I would love to dress Grace in old fashion clothes.
I think they are so cute.
The only problem is that they are so delicate.
We also found these adorable shoes the same day
And also these. These have open toes, how cute is that!!
thrift stores of course!
These are original jellies.
These were Annika's when she was a baby.
We knew we wanted a good comfortable rocking chair
so we came to the conclusion that the glider rocker
would probably be our biggest expense.
The cheap uncomfortable new glider rockers are around $200.00.
Well, I found this at Salvation Army for only $60.00!
It is much more sturdy than the new ones,
and it is in new condition and very comfortable!
God is so good and is constantly providing for us!
God is so good and is constantly providing for us!
I'm very thankful for this chair He provided!
it fits right at the back of my neck.
It is so cozy. I'm sure I'll be falling asleep in this rocker allot!
1930's reproduction fabrics.
Really I like all the pastel colors.
Candy shop, that's the theme or the method to my madness I guess.
I made this years ago just for practice when I first started quilting.
I was going to make a crib blanket out of it for Grace when I found it in my sewing stuff
but, I remembered that the muslin backing I used shrinks like the old shrinky dinks
so it has to be a decoration because it can never be washed.
My mom and I both made one of the blocks in this quilt.
It's kind of big for a baby crib quilt. What you see is only half of it but it will work I think.
I got a soft bumper. Also the quilt folded in half in the crib.
I love them. We had to put something less see through than the lace ones I had before.
They still let in more light than I wanted but it is much better.
I keep changing the sheet on the mattress every time
I find a new one I like even more then the last cute one I found!
I never thought her crib would end up mostly green. It all started with the green crib skirt. I got it at Goodwill for only $3.99 so it was what started the whole look. The skirt fabric matches the reproduction 1930's fabric so that's why I dug out my old sewing stuff and it all just kind of came together this way. After I had put this all together I found Target has pink rosebud sheets. The Rachel Ashwell shabby chic line which I LOVE so I splurged and got a white bumper pad, a white crib skirt, and the rose bud sheets. I'll take pictures of it when I get it put together. So now I have two looks for her crib and extra of each thing just in case she spits up or whatever else she might do and I have to wash one set.





4 comments:
My dear, sweet Diane,
I love you very much and this post made me smile as I read through it and looked at the pictures.
You have done a wonderful job decorating Grace's space. I am looking forward to how you will decorate her room when she eventually moves into it.
And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
1 Cor. 12:9
Be strong and courageous, my lovely lady, these trials will last but a short time and then our work on this earth will be done and we will see Him! Oh, what a day that will be!
I love you!
HB
You made me tear up. Thankyou for leavng a comment! I love you!
Very very sweet.....the blog post AND you Loy!
Giblets
What beautiful pictures as you wait for your precious Grace:)
Post a Comment