I am the oldest of six kids. when I was growing up my mom used cloth diapers with my brothers and sisters and guess who got to help? The oldest kid helped, that would be moi. I am from the cloth diaper generation that swished the diapers in the toilet and wrung them dry with our bare hands! Back in the day we used pins to hold the diapers together and pricking our fingers was a common occurrence. I also remember when the pins would not go through the cotton fabric you would have to run them through your hair to get some oils on hem then they would slide through the fabric "like butta". I tried cloth diapers through a diaper service when my oldest son was born 22 years ago. You would think that would be easy right? No swishing in the toilet, no wringing out with you bare hands. The diaper service takes care of all of that. Well , I only lasted a month because he got rashes and they LEAKED horribly. Cloth diapers were NOT for me. I used disposable for all my children easy peasy. With Grace I was thrilled to find how wonderful disposables are now. They are oh so soft like cloth on the outside. (not plastic like the old disposables) They have tape AND velcro so they always stick with no problem even when you get powder or desitin on them. (not just tape like the old disposables) They have a wonderful little yellow line that turns green when the baby pees so you can easily see that they need to be changed...how cool is that?? They smell like baby soft powder it's very nice and I love them.
UNTIL.....
UNTIL.....
Meet Fuzzi Bunz. I cannot resist. I, ME, MOI, am going to try CLOTH DIAPERS again. These are 21st century cloth diapers. These are NOT your mothers cloth diapers. Or your Grandmothers cloth diapers (depending on how old you are)
Watch this...
These are great too, They are called Bum Genius.

/
/
Look how they fit a newborn. (Cute baby I found on the web.)
And look at these neat things for old school cloth prefold diapers,
They are called Snappi's
This is how you use the snappi's, and look at how you could die the prefolds!! Oh the possibilities!!
And look at the wraps or covers, (the water proof cloth feeling cover for prefolds)
I ordered this one,
Oh and look at this, NO touching toilet water with your bare hands!!!! Amazing! You just spray the dirty diaper off and throw it in the hamper. It's only about $50.00 comes with everything and it's easy to install!
Never in a million years did I ever think I would try cloth diapers again.Have I inspired you yet? I saw on Craigslist that someone is doing a cloth diaper party so you can see all the different types cloth diapers ,touch them and learn how they work.
Wanna have a party?? Who's interested??

3 comments:
You know I love you, Sweet-pea, but I'm still not sold on cloth diapers (new style). Even with all of the neat features and colors, I'm not sure that they are worth the extra time it will take to take care of them.
I love you!
HB
I know me too. We'll see how it turns out. I may hate them like I always have. Gotta try them to find out though. Thanks for putting up with all my shenanigans!
I love that word. Shenanigans.
I'd totally come to a party!!
Post a Comment