I made a friendship tree!
I went through all my ornaments and separated all the ornaments that friends and family have given me and I had the idea to find a little tree (at the thrift store of course) and make a friendship tree. I looked at several thrift stores (over 3 or 4 days) for a smaller tree and they were all way too expensive. They wanted 30 dollars for them! Also, they were too big. I found a nice white one with pastel colored lights at Salvation Army for 15 dollars which was more than I wanted to pay. I was looking to get one at about 10 dollars at the most. Upon inspection of the tree at Salvation Army I found that it was broken and wouldn't work so the next day I tried a thrift store I rarely go to and found this cute little white tree for only $4.95!!! I was so happy! I finally got around to decorating it today and I also fixed my favorite earrings which were broken.
The tree we got on the 5th is downstairs with water in it but it's not decorated yet. We will (hopefully) decorate it this weekend. I have a lot of cleaning to do and we have several activities coming up. Julie and Adam FINALLY got the keys to their first house and will be moving in this weekend so the cookie making extravaganza will be postponed. We also have two birthdays and a TKD Christmas party and a baby shower for Laura coming up. Lots and lots to do the next couple of weeks! Here are some pictures of my friendship tree, my earrings, and other decorations around the house. Can you see the ornaments you have given me???

1 comment:
I think this is the neatest idea to have a "Friendship Tree". You are so clever. It is BEAUTIFUL, just like YOU and your FRIENDSHIPS.
Luv you, L
Post a Comment