I actually made my bed today! First time in 21 days I think!
This is the night stand on my side of the bed. Now look at Loy's side......
Yeah.
I thought everyone would like to see the taxi Mom's uniform. I hope my van never breaks down when I'm on the road looking like this!
I decided to rest today but remembered I could accomplish something while sitting down. I took our HUGE box of papers that need shredding and shredded for about 3 hours. I almost got it all done until I overheated the darn machine. And then I......
shredded mail with pennies stuck to it!!! Why do they do that? I thought I broke the shredder but it's OK. I had to get tweezers to pry the penny out! At least I had the sense to turn the shredder machine off while I was operating on it with tweezers.
Of coarse there was a bunch of junk in the papers for shredding that was NOT papers for shredding!
The penny that almost broke my shredder.
I'm so close!
This handsome man is my editor. While he was home all day helping me recover from surgery he edited my blog posts before I posted them. Now I have to expose all my errors to you all until 7:30 pm when he gets home from work. Sorry, everyone. Just read my blog after 7:30.
The book I ordered came in the mail today. YEAH! My friend Jennifer is going to love this book!
We had BBQ ribs for our New Year's Eve dinner. I've never made them before but they turned out good. This was David's idea.
We also had chips and dip and mozzarella sticks.
This was our dinner, It looks like a summer dinner.
Loy likes the ribs.
Well David IS a teenager hence the scowl. He did like the dinner though.
Poor little doggie. She wants ribs, too.
I wish I could share them with you. Now we are going to watch movies and welcome in the year 2009.
First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the book. Can't wait to start reading it.
I gasped when I read that you spent 3 hours shredding and wondered if, before it finally broke down, dark smoke would start coming out and the shredder would cough up last bits of paper before completely shutting down.
However, after seeing the picture of that "chewed-up" penny, all the doubts I had about your shredder went away. You've got a powerful paper eating machine there.
Notice that your penny still has the word "GOD" in tact? Any signifigance there? We have tons of stuff to shred at our house if you are looking for a steady job. I love your "Taxi Uniform." Very "winter-chic". Function and Fashion rolled up in one. I gotta get the name of your stylist! he, he...thanks for the chuckles...I'm hungry for ribs now too. HAPPY 2009!!! Luvu, LZ
I hope you like the book. We didn't think you would get it until next month! It was all Loy's idea. "Streams in the Desert" is one of our favorite devotional books. We pray that God gives you encouragement by reading the daily messages in it during the many adventures and trials ahead of you this new year!
I do have a powerful shredder and my cats always want to investigate it WHILE I'm using it. I'm so afraid they will hurt themselves. I shoo them away and try to make them afraid of it, but they are so curious! I can understand the saying, "curiosity killed the cat", now!
The ribs were yummy! For some reason I'm always afraid to cook things I've never cooked before. Fear of failure I guess. It was good though, and I'm learning to be courageous in my cooking.
Laura,
Thats funny about the word God on the penny! I'll make sure I post pictures of my other goofy uniforms too, just to make you laugh!
3 comments:
Diane,
First of all, THANK YOU SO MUCH for the book. Can't wait to start reading it.
I gasped when I read that you spent 3 hours shredding and wondered if, before it finally broke down, dark smoke would start coming out and the shredder would cough up last bits of paper before completely shutting down.
However, after seeing the picture of that "chewed-up" penny, all the doubts I had about your shredder went away. You've got a powerful paper eating machine there.
The ribs looked very yummy.....
Notice that your penny still has the word "GOD" in tact? Any signifigance there? We have tons of stuff to shred at our house if you are looking for a steady job. I love your "Taxi Uniform." Very "winter-chic". Function and Fashion rolled up in one. I gotta get the name of your stylist! he, he...thanks for the chuckles...I'm hungry for ribs now too. HAPPY 2009!!!
Luvu,
LZ
Kate,
I hope you like the book. We didn't think you would get it until next month! It was all Loy's idea. "Streams in the Desert" is one of our favorite devotional books. We pray that God gives you encouragement by reading the daily messages in it during the many adventures and trials ahead of you this new year!
I do have a powerful shredder and my cats always want to investigate it WHILE I'm using it. I'm so afraid they will hurt themselves. I shoo them away and try to make them afraid of it, but they are so curious! I can understand the saying, "curiosity killed the cat", now!
The ribs were yummy! For some reason I'm always afraid to cook things I've never cooked before. Fear of failure I guess. It was good though, and I'm learning to be courageous in my cooking.
Laura,
Thats funny about the word God on the penny! I'll make sure I post pictures of my other goofy uniforms too, just to make you laugh!
Post a Comment