Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blessings and Humility

I went to Salvation Army today to look for two things. I've been looking for a dresser for my nephew and a full size box spring for Annika. Guess what... They had them both! The box spring was only $30.00!!! The dresser was only $40.00!!! That was the blessing. Then... I went to pay for the items and I was asked "AGAIN" (this is the third time now) if I qualify for the SENIOR DISCOUNT!!!!!! GURRRRRH!!! That was the humbling thing! What is it with me? Do I really look that old! I'm only 40! Yes, I have gray hair, but, come on! Do I look 60? I took a shower today but I didn't wash my hair or put on any makeup. I took a picture of myself so you could see what I looked like. DO I REALLY LOOK 60?!!!!

OK, I do have gray hair, and I do have a mustache, and I have a big Ol' zit on my chin, and I do have a bunch of wrinkles. Sheesh, come on now, 60 year old ladies don't get ZITS!!! Do they?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO you DO NOT look 60!! And thank you very much for the dresser.
Debbie

Shellee said...

NO WAY! You don't even look CLOSE to your 60's! But you do need to wax that sh*t! ;-) Hee hee. Love you.

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

Fun music on your blog, fellow Portlander...just found you through Feedjit! I don't think you look 60 but maybe it was just the age of the clerk...young ones think we all look old, don't they? ;-)

Anonymous said...

You look great!

Gray hair is the new black!

www.goinggrayblog.com