Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, January 11, 2009


We went to church today. We really like our new church. Every week the elders invite people up who want to be prayed for. Loy wanted me to go up for them to pray for healing for my incision. The elders stand off to the side toward the front and you walk up there and ask for prayer. We went up and Loy asked them to pray and they prayed and when they were done praying, one of the elders went to give Loy a hug and Loy reached around to hug him... and he smacked me right in the face! It didn't hurt but it sent my head back and my hair flying and made a big scene because we all laughed. I was really tired today and took a nap. I have some new problem, my back started hurting last night (different than It's been hurting). If I move just right, it hurts so bad I can't even move for a minute. I've been trying to figure out if it's my muscles or my spine or what. It feels like when I have had a knuckle I'm trying to crack and it hurts really bad, but once I crack the knuckle, it feels great. That's how my back feels and I tried to crack it, but it's not helping. I figured out its not my muscles or my bones, I think it's the tendons because my sternum hurts too, a little. I had this once before in my sternum and twice in my wrists and ankles but not in my back. I am falling apart! With my back, my incision hurting, and my gray hair filling in all over, I'm walking around feeling and looking like an old lady! And my husband is smacking me around at church, too!! LOL!!

David came to Loy tonight around 5:00 pm and announced that at 7:00 pm he needs to do some school work. It's Sunday and he is waiting 'til the last minute! He is so funny that he is so particular that at "7:00 pm" he will do it. At least HE thought of it and wants to do it I guess.

Reading that book "Ida" is making me feel guilty about my life. I live like a queen. I live in a palace. I have "servants" who hunt for my food and prepare it for me to cook. I have "servants" who wash my dishes and wash my laundry. I don't have to store up for winter lest I die. I wouldn't have survived pioneer days. I'm too much of a wimp. Two of my children surely would have died from their asthma and I would have been widowed last year when Loy got the kidney stones that caused a problem with his intestines! I would have been a 40 year old widow with three children and no grandchildren! Their life was about survival and many placed their faith in God because they learned at an early age that they were not in control of things and were at the mercy of a good and loving God who created them. I am so thankful God has made me weak so I have to depend on Him even though I live like a queen. I have learned He loves me and I can trust Him because He is good.

No comments: