I'm feeling very disturbed. If the outcome of the things I care about were up to me, I would be so full of anxiety right now that I wouldn't be able to breathe. I know that God is in control and I must simply obey Him, step by step, in spite of the fact that I feel like the task at hand is so complex and in need of skill (like brain surgery) and I feel like I'm just a preschooler who can't even read or write. This morning I heard about things with two different families that are headed into danger. I want to scream a warning, but would they listen? That's the whole thing... They have no reason to listen to me. I feel like they are on a raft floating toward a waterfall and I desire to warn them of the impending doom. The problem: it's not up to me to rescue them. Only God can show them there is danger ahead. I guess I need to just start with praying for them. This is hard because the danger ahead is devastating and people WILL be hurt. This is hard because I desire to DOOOO something. "Lord, I care about these families and I love them. Open their eyes and rescue them and spare them from the destruction ahead of them if they do not turn to you. Make them very aware of their own pride so that they can humbly follow you and fear you and walk in wisdom. In Jesus name stop them from approaching the waterfall where there is death and destruction." It's hard to comprehend that God may want some to go over the waterfall for His good reasons. I know He has allowed me to fall over some and it has all been for good in my life and for His glory. He really is AWESOME! Psalm 42 is the psalm God directed me to over and over when I was falling over various waterfalls in my life. "Deep calls to deep at the sound of your waterfalls, All your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me. The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime; And His song will be with me in the night, A prayer to the God of my life.......Hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God." For now I will just pray.
Last night we celebrated David's birthday with the whole family. We took the boys (David, Joey, Tyler, Jed, and Forest) to a laser tag place. I was worried they would think it was stupid. I was so glad that when I picked them up all they did was talk and talk about how fun it was and that they wanted to go back the next day. I hope they both (David and Joey) had good birthdays this year. They have hard roads ahead of them and I'm happy to be able to give them good memories now. The following pictures are the best I could get of teenage boys. The one where they are all looking at the camera but not all of them are smiling - I had to demand that I get at least ONE picture of them all looking at the camera!

No comments:
Post a Comment