Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

Tubal Reversal Surgery Day 23


Feeling the same again. I'm really tired today though. Still needing 400 mg of ibuprofen every 5-6 hours.

I woke up to a light dusting of snow today. I love it. I had my friends Julie, Jennifer, and Marian over for our weekly rotating tea party. Each week we meet at each other's house and have tea, pray, and talk. In the summer we do fun activities like go for hikes, shop at garden stores, and one year we went on a lavender farm tour. All I did was set the table, the kitchen was still cluttered from Christmas boxes, and other things. My friends don't mind. We have known each other for 17 years now. We met at the first church Loy and I went to together after we were married. It's been a blessing to have friends who are Christians and have always been an encouragement and support. God has truly blessed me with good friends. I've known my friend Laura for 39 years now! We are more like sisters than friends. We grew up together. I wish I could see Laura as much as I get to see my other friends. Today we had our Christmas gift exchange. It was fun. I was very tired after meeting with them though. I read my new book "Housewives Desperate for God" and took a nap for a few hours. We are also having Family Night tonight. Here are some pictures of our tea party today and some pictures from past activities we have done.

I used the new tea set Loy gave me for Christmas
My tea pot full of earl gray tea
The morning sun looked pretty on the set table.

Julie with a bird ornament on her head. I have goofy friends!
Girl talk


17th Christmas together!
This is an old picture of us on our lavender farm tour.
Beautiful lavender fields
Jennifer, Marian, and Julie


This was taken at our old house, It was my birthday. This was one of the first times I let my hair grow out gray. I'm on my second time now and I will keep it gray this time. Loy likes my hair gray, and now that the old color is almost out, I like it too.


Here we are in Seattle on one of our trips together.






This was at the Street of Dreams home tour this last summer. We had fun!





Marian's birthday at my house last January.







Here we are at a nice tea restaurant. I think it was Julie or Jennifer's birthday. Notice the different tea pots on the table? We each had our own unique pot.


Lord thank you for my friends!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great pictures! How wonderful to have traditions with friends. Friendships are so important to cultivate. It does take effort on everyone's part, but it is so worth it. Thank you for sharing these. I wish I could see YOU more often too.
Missing you, Laura

rae ann said...

i have to agree with loy... i love the grey hairs. they're so pretty!

glad you're recovering. been thinking of you.